Monday, June 4, 2007

Comfort Food

My sister, Cindy, "tagged" me with the request of sharing the recipe for my favorite comfort food. This probably sounds silly, but I love pumpkin...pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins (last fall, I sooo badly missed the pumpkin and cream cheese muffins from Little Farmer pumpkin farm in WI), pumpkin pie Blizzards from DQ - pumpkin anything and anytime of the year! I actually crave it quite often. Knowing this, I always have a can of pumpkin on hand so that when I crave the comforting taste of a pumpkin-filled carb, I quickly whip up this recipe for Pumpkin Bread:


Pumpkin Bread - this makes 2 loaves

4 eggs
1 cup oil (I often use applesauce)
3 1/2 cups flour
3 cups sugar
2/3 cup water
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 cups pumpkin

Beat all ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into 2 large greased bread pans.
Bake at 325 degrees for 90 minutes.




I love eating a slice or two right out of the oven, accompanied by my favorite comfort drink ~ a hot mug of Starbucks' House Blend coffee.

It doesn't get much better than this!

No comments: