Friday, November 7, 2008

Trick or Treat!

Some background information on the costumes...

Brielle has long given up her princess obsession - thankfully that was short-lived - and is now always pretending to be an animal. Everyday, she wakes up and either asks me what kind of animal I am, or assigns me an animal. Then, all day I am referred to as, "Mommy __________". I'm usually "Mommy Sea Star", "Mommy Octopus", or most recently "Mommy Kitty". Brielle has been "Baby Kitty" for weeks now, and she only wants to be called that. Heaven forbid that you call her "Brielle"...she will quickly respond, "I am not Brielle. I am Baby Kitty." The first thing she says when she wakes up is, "Meow", and she continues to "meow" throughout the day (no exaggeration). So, it was only right and natural that "Baby Kitty" be herself for Trick or Treat this year.

Years ago, my mom made an awesome alligator costume for my nephew, Cody. Brant thought it was really cool, and so he was able to wear it a few years later. Thankfully, I still had it in a Rubbermaid container in my garage, so Brock was the next grandson to wear the obviously-very-well-put-together alligator costume. Thanks, Mom!

Brittany wanted to do the kids' makeup...thanks, Britt!

Kitty faces...









Wouldn't you love to know what he is thinking about all this??



Adorable kitty :o)!












Brock quickly caught on to the whole trick or treat concept, boldly ringing the doorbell at each home, yelling "Trick or Treat!", and even pointing out which piece of candy he wanted from the bowl (thankfully, that only happened once - we explained to him that it wasn't polite).





No comments: